Saturday, February 8, 2014

Craft Project: Spice Jar Labels


I got tired of trying to get enough salt and pepper to come out of the tiny shaker holes in regular salt and pepper shakers while cooking and noticed that the jars that spices come in have much larger shaker holes. So I saved some empty jars and covered them with my own labels. I actually bought a few jars of the cheap spices that they sell at Walmart for under a dollar and emptied the spices into other containers. I liked that they have black caps which go well with my label design. Just make sure that the spice jars come with the little inserts for shaking out the spices. I ended up with a couple that didn't come with those and there was no way to tell until I got them home and opened them.

Since I have two sizes of jars, I made two different templates for the labels. Of course you could just print them the size that you need and trim off any excess paper to fit. All you do is wrap them around your jar and tape the label on the back. The labels on the taller jars are 3 3/4 inches high and the ones on the shorter jars are 3 1/2 inches high. The nice thing is that when the labels get dirty or faded, you can just print new ones.

I'm also posting some blank labels so you can use them for seasonings other than salt, pepper and House Seasoning. If you use Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop, you can download my templates which have multiple layers. With the templates, you can switch the "Sears catalog" backgrounds and add your own text and and change the colors, etc.

Here are the links to download the templates:


For Paint Shop Pro, click HERE
For Photoshop, click HERE



 

2 comments:

  1. This is great! Thanks so much for posting. (I got to test out my color laser printer and redo my salt/pepper!)

    ReplyDelete